Monday 22 January 2018

Midnight Shower

Dr. Khem K Aryal
Poet Dr. Khem K Aryal

When the window pane
of my sleepy room
opens to the midnight shower,
my ears wake
to a music I can hear
only at enthralled moments
with glasses and Gopi -

A slim candle on a tea table,
two thin glasses,
- Dilute, dilute, and dilute more,
  A few more years we have to live!
Dark Kathmandu, survived by poor filaments
- One thousand rupees a month, man!
  How can you live an honest life?
  Let the fucking imposters live with light!
Talk to kill suicide,
- No more suicide talks, no more!
  Look at the candle and learn to live.
- I don't aspire to be a king 
  Let them kill their kin.
- And allow me to fill in your glass!
- Can you sing a song?
- I used to sing.
- I can see at
- In my eyes you mean?
- Listen to the rain.
- The best music you can ever listen to.
- ...
- ...
- !
- ?!
- Tears
- In
- Your
- Eyes?
- ...
- ...

A man cannot weep.
If you weep,
you are not a man;
a man cannot weep.

The midnight shower
engulfs your tears
and sheds them for you.

(Courtesy: Epic Teashop)

No comments:

Post a Comment