Saturday 25 July 2020

I Light a Candle

Kamala Sarup

Yesterday, today, tomorrow and always
I light a candle for me 
To warm up
I catch myself between my tears
Between my pain
Not really that far.
It's a constant in my life
Leaving me here all alone
Leave me blind now.
I picked up a candle and lit it,
To wake up my soul
To ensure the path in the darkness.
In the luminosity of my day.
How firm is my love,
How is my life different? 
Tonight,
Rain will come in its season
The wind will blow them out
Like a beautiful star in the night sky,
It grows up as high as it can go
Brings me to my life and 
I light a candle for myself solely 
Standing.
Still holding my hand,
I am simply about to sleep,
I see 
Sleepless at night,
Always a light in the darkness, 
I'm not willing to share
I am lost and I find myself again.
I light a candle for me again.

2 comments: