Sunday 4 February 2018

For Your Love

Hem Raj Neupane
Poet Hem Raj Neupane

On the walls of my heart
Remains your love engraved
My heart the beholder 
Shan't let it fade 
Ever and ever it will dwell afresh.

You'd proclaimed:
Our love exceeds
The length of the Nile
And the depth of the Pacific;
Spreads beyond the horizon 
And across the latitude and the longitude
Of the hemisphere.

Need not be exaggerated:
I'd nourished our love
With sweat and blood;
Tamed it tenderly with care
To let it grow to flourish 
To the full blossoms.

How unmindful I was!
While I abnegated myself for love
You were planting the mines 
Of hatred and bitterness;
I was sowing the seeds of eternal bond;
You were weaving the nets of conspiracy.

That conspiracy of love 
Still reflects on the great vaults 
Of emptiness 
Enlivening the reminiscence of the past 
And enriching the present.

Sometimes,
Disturbing dreams are 
Mightier than the destructive daydreams;
Tumultuous twilights are
More musical than
Marvellous mornings;
Far-fetched facts are 
More fascinating than
Fanciful fictions.

Whatsoever,
Overwhelming were the moments with you 
And respectful was the love:
For you - Momentary 
For me- Eternal;
For you- Conditional
For me- Unconditional!

Hence,
For that eternity
This piece is dedicated to you
And to your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment