Thursday 20 April 2017

Honeymoon

Ashesh Malla
Poet and Playwright Ashesh Malla

When you entered as bride
I had thought you would come alone
But you did not come alone
You brought a rally
A rally holding placards
Many more of 'down with'
A few of 'hold up'
Placards of much rift
And of less supports
Would this rally live with me?

You would have come alone
Why did you bring this rally?
The rally of demands and needs
Right now,
In the quietness of our suit
Just you and I were supposed to be
Spreading the flowers of romance
We would have swam in canals of hugs
The rally came with you has stared at us
Being fixed on the walls of our room

Oh honey!
Tell them this night
To settle down out in the veranda
Tell them this night
To sleep with no cacophony
We would have right now talked with the dreams
Having the present forgotten!

Tell them my love,
Let them get out of our suit
Ask them to go out
And let us be united in honeymoon
You and I
Just
No one else
Not that long rally of scarcity
Send it out!
Come my love!
Let's celebrate the honeymoon alone.

Translated by: Bidhan Acharya

(Courtesy: Himalayan Soul)

No comments:

Post a Comment